Personal Insurance

Protection for Real Life

Personal Lines Insurance from R.J. Galla Company, Inc.

Whether you’re enjoying a meal with family and friends at home, driving the kids to school, headed to work, or traveling on vacation, you need to know that your home, your car, and your family are protected from daily risks. Accidents happen, and they never schedule an appointment or wait until it’s financially convenient. From a little fender-bender to a home fire, life is full of unexpected events that bring unexpected and unwanted results.

R.J. Galla has earned a reputation throughout Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin for delivering real-world coverage for families who want the peace of mind that comes with having solid risk management solutions in place.

Whatever happens, wherever you live or travel, R.J. Galla offers the protection you need with the personal service you deserve.



The one place where we always feel safe and secure: there’s no place like home. R.J. Galla understands the importance of maintaining an environment where your family feels safe and comfortable. Flat-screen TVs, computer equipment, furniture, appliances: everything we own is at risk in the event of fire, theft, and many other possible occurrences. Making sure your home is protected against both common and uncommon risks means choosing quality insurance coverage from a top-rated insurance carrier.

Condo / Townhome Insurance

Your condo or townhome may be the largest investment you ever make. R.J. Galla offers Condo insurance that not only protects your personal property but also offers protection for any parts of your unit not included in your condo associations’ coverage.

Condo Association Insurance generally provides one of three types of policies:

  • Protection for ONLY primary buildings and common areas
  • Protection for your building and items in your unit that are NOT your personal property
  • Protection for the building, your unit, and fixtures or improvements to your unit.

Renters Insurance

Did you know that your landlord’s insurance does NOT cover your personal property? That’s right. Unless you have what is referred to as insurable interest in a property, you can’t secure insurance for it. In other words: if you don’t own it, you can’t insure it. That’s why Renters’ Insurance is vital for those who rent their home or apartment. Renter’s insurance protects your personal items against covered losses such as fire, theft, water damage, and other natural disasters. Coverage can include:

  • Personal Property Coverage: Helps cover the cost of replacing your belongings if unexpectedly damaged, ruined, or stolen.
  • Liability Coverage: Protection from paying out-of-pocket for personal injury or property damage for which you are found liable.
  • Additional Living Expenses: This covers the cost of additional living expenses you incur if you’re unable to live in the home you’re renting.

Personal Insurance options include:

  • Apartments
  • Builders Risk
  • Condos
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Policies
  • Flood
  • Homes
  • Jewelry, artwork, etc
  • Mobile Homes
  • Rental property
  • Townhomes
  • Special Events / Wedding Insurance
  • Umbrella
  • Vacant Homes


Get Quote

Flood Insurance

It’s important to know that homeowner’s insurance policies do NOT cover flooding. The National Flood Insurance Program makes flood insurance available to individuals who live in areas that are most at risk for flooding, referred to as Special Flood Hazard Areas.

Even if you don’t live in a high-risk flood area, you can still purchase flood insurance, as flooding can and does occur in areas outside of the flood maps due to local draining issues, ice jams, and other causes.

Talk to your R.J. Galla agent about securing flood insurance for your home.

Umbrella Policy

Lawsuits have become an almost commonplace occurrence, and more often than not they result in incredible settlement amounts. In many cases, these awards exceed the typical homeowners or auto policy liability limits. That means you are financially responsible for any amounts in excess of your insurance policy limits.


Contact Us